Help:Create an account
From Fanon Wiki
Creating an account is free and simple, and it is encouraged if you plan to regularly edit the wiki. Having an account also gives you extra abilities and features that unregistered users don't have access to.
How do I create an account?
- On the top right corner of every page, you will find a tab that gives you two options, create an account or log in. Click "Create account".
- An account creation page will load, allowing you to fill in your account details.
Features for newly-registered users
- See: Fanon Wiki:Users
I forgot my password, what do I do?
- If you have an email address connected to your account, go to the login page, type your username into the "Username" box, and click the "E-mail new password" button.
- If you remember your password, and simply want to change it, visit Special:ChangePassword.
Can my account be deleted?
- Accounts on Fanon Wiki will not be deleted, but you can, of course, stop using your account if you want to.
- If you want to use a different username, you can create a new account and begin using the new one instead (or rename the account by asking a Bureaucrat on their talk page). There is a risk that you may be accused of "sockpuppetry" (using two accounts for malicious purposes, which is a bannable offense), so redirect the user and talk pages of the old account to those of your new one and make it clear to other users that you are not using the old one anymore.
- Learn how to set up your user page.
- Learn about editing.
- Learn how to create a new article.